EDU 929 Social Media for Educators
Explores the use of social media as an educational tool to enhance the learning environment and to create connected learning communities. Examines social media platforms such as Twitter, Diigo, LinkedIn, Google+, and more. Examine pros and cons for various social media platforms.
This course provides real world practice in building a professional learning network to impact the quality of content and methodology in the classroom. Students will participate in online chats, discover rich resources through social media to support learning outcomes, and discover the importance of connected educators across the globe. Within the practice of leveraging social media the following topics will also be examined:
- Best practices in online community participation.
- Best practices in the usage of social media platforms.
- Best practices in participating within a professional learning community.
- Creation of and analyzing a long term social media implementation plan.
- Best practices in the use of social media platforms with students.
*Participants in this course will have a mandatory, synchronous, video conference session. The date and time are listed on each course registration page.